The BC Government has announced a Launch Online Grant program for BC registered business owners. The grant can be used towards creating or improving an eCommerce website. The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7,500 per business.
Keep in mind that you have to apply as soon as possible because the program application intake is open until the funds have been fully subscribed, so be fast.
How Do I Know If my Business Is Eligible For The eCommerce Grant?
All BC based businesses are eligible for the Launch Online Grant program of the B.C. Government (conditions apply). Whether your business already has a website or if your business is looking into a new website the Government will pay up to 75% of the total costs. One of the conditions is that the website will contain an eCommerce component.
What Is eCommerce?
Electronic commerce or e-commerce (sometimes written as eCommerce) is a business model that lets firms and individuals buy and sell things over the internet. E-commerce operates in all four of the following major market segments:
- Business to business
- Business to consumer
- Consumer to consumer
- Consumer to business
In other words: eCommerce does not only contain physical products, but also the online sales of services and subscriptions for instance. A hair dresser might be looking into an online platform to have customers pay online for a service, or a brick-and-mortar store might be looking for avenues to sell their physical products online. Ecommerce is very broad. In general: when there is something to sell and customers can pay online than you can most likely apply for the online business grant.
Before You Apply To The Ecommerce Grant For Business Owners.
- The owner of the business is a B.C. resident.
- The primary business operations are located in B.C.
- The business is registered in B.C.
- The business employs less than 149 B.C. residents.
- The business pays taxes in B.C.
- The business maintains a business number and a GST number.
- The business maintains a PST and WorkSafeBC number (where applicable).
- The business generated more than $30,000 Cad in the pas year.
- The business has repeatable products.
- The business does not currently have an online store or already has an online store that has no more than three of five features that identify an online store:
- Customer registration and information security features.
- Shopping cart and order management capabilities.
- Payment processing options including application of appropriate taxes and shipping costs at time of ordering.
- Product catalogue, search and inventory status.
- Website analytics and reporting capabilities.
How To Apply For The eCommerce Business Grant
First of all, the funds are limited to $12 million for B.C. business owners. The funds are awarded on a first-come first-served basis until the funds are depleted. It is important to act as quick as possible because 12 million sounds like a lot but there are many businesses out there applying for the same grant. You can apply and get more information via this website: https://www.launchonline.ca/
How Can DataRoots Help?
We are here to assist any business with questions about the program. We also can provide you with a detailed overview of the expected costs for your project so you can submit your application as soon as possible. Don’t worry if you are not tech-savvy, we talk human as well.